The Australasian College of Massage & Myotherapy (ACMM) delivers quality training in the field of student massage therapy - focusing specifically on remedial massage and myotherapy services.
What to expect?
- Upon arrival you will be greeted at reception and payment of $30 will be taken. If you are a new client you will need to arrive 5-10 minutes early to complete a client history form.
- You will be allocated a student therapist on the day. As this is a student clinic, there is a requirement that students see a range of different clients and pain presentations. For this reason it is not possible to have the same student every week.
- Your student therapist will conduct a verbal consultation to get a clear understanding of your goals, expectations, history of pain and rule out any cautions / contraindications to treatment.
- Your student therapist will then perform a physical examination including posture, Range of movement, palpation and special testing. This information will be gathered to form a treatment plan to align with your goals and reason for visit.
- Towards the end of the session. Your student therapist will perform a re-assessment and then instruct you through some stretches / mobility and corrective exercises to align with the treatment plan.
The ACMM Student Massage Clinic in Perth was designed for students to learn and practice their theoretical knowledge in a practical, hands-on environment. The students providing treatments in the Student Clinic will be currently undertaking extensive study in either of our courses;
• HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage
• 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy
ACMM student clinic is run to a high standard to ensure we are producing the best Remedial massage therapists. All sessions are supervised by our experienced trainers and assessors. Students will regularly consult with supervisors to direct them in the best overall management.
Please feel to contact us on 9228 4611 to instantly secure your desired appointment.
However, if you would like to be contacted by our staff, please complete the form below and we will endeavour to get back to you within 2 business days.
Level 2, 60 Stirling Street
Perth WA 6000
08 9228 4611
Mondays - 9AM & 10:40AM
Tuesdays - 1PM & 2:40PM
Wednesdays - 1PM & 2:40PM
Thursdays - 1PM & 2:40PM
Fridays - 1PM & 2:40PM
1.5 hours (85 minutes) - $30
*Subject to availability; contact us for more information